- A Business manager wants to create invoices for his/her customers.
- The Manager wants the staff reporting to him/her to submit the invoice data.
- Then the Business Manager will review the data, generate invoices and deliver to customers through email
- Or the Business Manager may want to automatically generate invoices and deliver to customers through email when their staff submit data
How to automate this process with Fillable Document
Step 2: Configure the Dynamic Fields
Open Fillable Document on the prepared Google Document Template
Dynamic fields found in the template will be automatically identified by Fillable Document
By default, the field types are text.
Configure different types (number, date etc) and other configuration as required.
For example we have configured
- Submitted on as field type Date with time zone & formatting settings
- Total as field type Calculated
Step 3: Configure Settings
Go to settings tab and configure the destination folder and spreadsheet here
- Setup Destination spreadsheet to store the form submissions
- Setup Destination folder to store the generated documents and PDFs
- Setup Email Template
Step 4: Publish Document
- Business Manager can make the Form available to all of his staff by publishing the form
- Business Manager will publish the template to his staff by clicking Publish Form
- If you don't want to keep track of user activity (like user email) tick Anonymous before publishing
- Business manager will generate the invite link and for all invite staff by mail.
Step 6: Staff submitting data in the Form
- Staff will receive the mail sent by Business Manager click the invited link and they can see the following screen
- Note: Visitors of this Demo can also try submitting data (playing role of staff) to get a feel. The submitted data will appear in the spreadsheet in the next section.
Step 7: Submitted Data stored in Google Sheet instantaneously.
- Business Manager can see the submitted data in the Google sheet immediately.
Note: If you have submitted the form in previous step, you should see your submitted data here.
If you are not able to see the data you have added, then please refresh the page and try
Note: If the form is published with auto generation of Document/ PDF and Send Email, then those processes will be initiated upon form submission automatically. (it may take upto an hour to complete)
Step 8: Generation of Doc/ PDF and Delivering as Email
To see the submitted records, business manager need to follow the steps below.
- Open "Fillable Document" add-on from the Google Document
- Click on "Open Form as Web App"
- Click on "Form Responses" icon on the menu
4. Click on a record to select for generating document
5. Click on "Generate Document" to generate the merged document
Business Manager can send generated document as Email by clicking on "Send as Email"