How to setup Fillable Document
- Click on "Add-ons" Menu > Fillable Document > Start Setup
Try demo samples to understand the workflow
Start setting up fillable document directly
Setting up the configuration
1. Setup Destination Spreadsheet
The settings section provides configurations required for running the "Fillable Document" add-on
- To store the user inputs.
- You can configure the existing spreadsheet or else create new one.
2. Setup Destination Folder
Configure the drive folder to store the generated documents.
You can create new folder or select existing one from drive.
Generate PDF :
If you want to store the form as PDF file you can click on the button "Publish PDF also"
Document Name :
You can name your document based on a field value by clicking on the rightmost button next to the text file by clicking on it you can insert multiple values of fields as the form name
For.eg: If you want to differentiate each form by the name of the applicant you can insert the name field so the name of the applicant will be saved as the output spreadsheet or PDF name.
Note: The Asset folder is created automatically by Fillable Document to store your external file like images, docs etc..
3. Setup Email Template
If you want to send the data as email click on "Send Email" button
If you want to attach PDF with the email you can select "Attach PDF" button
Click on "Edit Email Template " to edit the email to be send. This will be explained Briefly below
- Click Done
Customising Email Template
Clicking on edit email template will lead you to the following screen
You can provide the From name and To mail id
Select Attach Doc or Attach PDF as required
Edit the default template as per your convenience and click on save.
Setting up fillable fields
- Now You get the screen as shown to do the following
- You can see list of fields and create new fields.
- You can open live fillable form by clicking on one of the "Open Web Form" section.
- You can select the templates or you can use your own document as template for the form.
- Fill the document template from side bar.
Creating new fillable field
- Click on "Create new Field" to create a new field
- Once you click on create new field you have to fill out the following fields
- Field name : Name of the Field
- Type: Select the type of the field from the drop down several types including date, text, number etc
- You have to choose it is mandatory to fill out the field in the form by clicking on the required button
- Description:You can write a few lines about the field
- Click on Include button to include the field in the document
- Click on save to save the field
- click to back to field list to abort the process
- You can insert the field into the document using the 'Place' icon show here
ADDING AND REMOVING FIELDS
- Once you save a field the field will be created and the field name will be displayed in the field list
- You can create any number of field by following the above procedure
- click on the first button right next to the field name to add the field in the document
- click on the second button right next to the field name to remove the field.
OPENING THE FORM
- You can see Preview of your form by clicking OPEN FORM (Second Tab, Document Icon).
- If you want to Open it as a Web App , You can Click on the "OPEN FORM AS WEB APP" button. This will open the form in a new web page.
Setting up Collaborators to Fillable Document file
You can share your document with another using
Click on the add button to add collaborators
this will be explained briefly below
Give the mail address of the person to share the form
Click on add button to add the corresponding mail address as one of the collaborator
Click on the close button to cancel
Note : Adding collaborator shares the document, configuration spreadsheet and folders with the collaborator.