- A Business manager wants to create invoices for his/her customers.
- The Manager wants the staff reporting to him/her to submit the invoice data.
- Then the Business Manager will review the data, generate invoices and deliver to customers through email
How to automate this process with Fillable Document
Step 2: Configure the Dynamic Fields
Open Fillable Document on the prepared Google Document Template
Dynamic fields found in the template will be automatically identified by Fillable Document
By default, the field types are text.
Configure different types (number, date etc) and other configuration as required.
For example we have configured "invoice date" with a field type date and time zone.
Step 3: Configure Settings
Go to settings tab and configure the destination folder and spreadsheet here
- Setup Destination spreadsheet to store the form submissions
- Setup Destination folder to store the generated documents and PDFs
- Setup Email Template
Step 4: Publish Document
- Business Manager can make the Form available to all of his staff by publishing the form
- Business Manager will publish the template to his staff by clicking Publish Form(4rd option in tab).
- If you don't want to keep track of user activity (like user email) tick Anonymous before publishing
- Business manager will generate the invite link and for all invite staff by mail.
Step 6: Staff submitting data in the Form
- Staff will receive the mail sent by Business Manager click the invited link and they can see the following screen
- Note: Visitors of this Demo can also try submitting data (playing role of staff) to get a feel. The submitted data will appear in the spreadsheet in the next section.
Important Note: You need to be signed into Google Account to see the below form.
If you cannot see the embedded form, please try Viewing Published Form
Step 7: Submitted Data stored in Google Sheet instantaneously.
To see the submitted records, business manager need to follow the steps below.
- Open "Fillable Document" add-on from the Google Document
- Click on "Open Form as Web App"
- Click on "form responses" icon on the toolbar
4. Click on a record to select for generating document
5. Click on "Generate Document" to generate the merged document
Below is a sample generated document and screenshot for email delivery.
Business manager can generate multiple documents based on records submitted by the staff. (have a look)
Business Manager can send generated document as Email by clicking on "Send as Email"